3. After sharing the word or phrase with the group; the passage is read two or three more times with different voices (different gender or two or three in unison)
4. Again in silence participants reflect on the word or phrase that speaks to them. This time attending to the emotions or feelings that it conjures up.
5. The passage is read twice again in a distinctive voice. Then a long period of silence is kept to inquire and reflect on why this word or emotion has been provoked.
6. Finally a time of sharing ends the session with each person having an opportunity to reflect what they felt God was saying to them through the text
7. Can be closed with prayer
Historically this exercise was done with scripture or a devotional text.
graphic: leading a group lectio session at the Nidus festival