Thursday, July 17, 2008

Celtic Night Blessings



THIS NIGHT I BE LYING DOWN
This night i be lying down with God,
And God be lying down with me
This night i be lying down with Christ,
And christ be lying down with me
This night i be lying down with the Spirit,
And the Spirit be lying down with me
God and Christ and the Spirit be lying down with me.




GOD WITH ME LYING DOWN
God with me lying down,
God with me rising up,
God with me in each ray of light,
Nor I a ray of joy without him,
Nor one ray without him.

Christ with me sleeping,
Christ with me waking,
Christ with me watching,
Every day and night,
Each day and night.

God with me protecting,
The Lord with me directing,
The Spirit with me strengthening,
Forever and forevermore,
Ever and evermore, Amen.
Chief of chiefs, Amen.

Four Angels at Her Head

Four corners to her bed
Four angels at her head
Mark, Matthew, Luke and John;
God bless the bed that she lies on.
New moon, new moon,
God bless me
God bless this house and family.


Scary Things in the Night

From ghoulies and ghosties
and long leggety beasties
And things that go bumpin the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!




No comments: