Saturday, October 5, 2013

"Everything is Grace."

 











Saint Therese the Little Flower Speaks

 "Jesus does not so much look at the greatness of our actions, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them." 

"I prefer the monotony of obscure sacrifice to all ecstasies. To pick up a pin for love can convert a soul." 


 "How happy I am to see myself as imperfect and to be in need of God's mercy." 

 "Do not fear to tell Jesus that you love Him even without feeling it. That is the way to force Jesus to help you, to carry you like a little child too feeble to walk."

 "For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy; finally, it is something great, supernatural, which expands my soul and unites me to Jesus."

 "Jesus does not demand great actions from us, but simply surrender and gratitude."

 "It is only love which makes us acceptable to God."

 "What offends Him and what wounds His Heart is the lack of confidence...Your heart is made to love Jesus, to love Him passionately...We have only the short moments of our life to love Jesus!"

 Whispered to a novice while standing in front of the convent library: "Oh! I would have been sorry to have read all those books...If I had read them, I would have broken my head, and I would have wasted precious time that I could have employed very simply in loving God."


In loving memory of Brother John Henry Tilma 

No comments: